UplinkMe Policies, Terms & Conditions
We respect your privacy
- We respect your right to privacy and am committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
- What personal information is collected
- We will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
- We do not hold any financial information that belongs to you, however you should be aware that you may be providing financial information to a third party billing service to whom you may be directed at the time of agreeing to a service or purchasing a product on our website. Please ensure that you have thoroughly read their terms and conditions prior to the use of their services, as information provided to a third party is subject to their terms and conditions and not these terms and conditions.
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- We may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities;
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
- investigate any complaints.
- If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, We reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
- Disclosure of your personal information
- Security of your personal information
- We are committed to ensuring the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the relevant law and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
- Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
- Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our websiteWhen you use to our website/application at http://www.uplinkme.com.au, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party sitesOur site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by me. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
- What is a Cookie?
- A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most Internet browsers support cookies; however, users can set their browsers to decline certain types of cookies or specific cookies. Further, users can delete cookies at any time.
- What types of cookies do we use?
- First-Party and Third-Party Cookies – we use both first-party and third-party cookies on our website. First-party cookies are cookies issued from our domain that are generally used to identify language and location preferences or render basic site functionality. Third-party cookies belong to and are managed by other parties, such our service providers. These cookies may be required to render certain forms within our website.
- Session Cookies – Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to the website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
- Persistent Cookies – Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within the website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. We use these cookies to analyse user behavior to establish visit patterns so that we can improve our website functionality for you and others who visit our website(s). These cookies also allow us to serve you with targeted advertising and measure the effectiveness of our site functionality and advertising.
- How are cookies used for advertising purposes?
- How are third party cookies used?
- How do we reject and delete cookies?
- What is a Cookie?
Acceptable Use Policy
Our Fair Use Policy describes our rules designed to ensure our customers use the internet in a fair and legal way that does not impact other internet users.
You must not break any Australian Law when using an UplinkMe service. Examples of illegal use may include:
- Providing UplinkMe with false, misleading or incorrect personal information.
- Copyright infringement as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or any other applicable law.
- Sending or enabling the sending of SPAM as defined in the SPAM Act 2003.
- Gaining access to networks or systems without authorisation of the owner of those systems.
- Aiding, abetting or inciting other parties to engage in prohibited conduct.
- Accessing the personal information of another person without their consent.
Using UplinkMe Services
- Customers on a residential plan must not use their internet service for running business services that are not consistent with the residential intent of this plan.
- UplinkMe services cannot be resold or shared between premises or parties.
- UplinkMe customers must not use UplinkMe services to harass, abuse or defame any person or business. This can include receiving or distributing illegal, obscene or offensive material, computer viruses and private information.
- You are responsible for keeping your network secure. This means keeping your usernames and passwords secure at all times.
- NBN customers must adhere to the NBN Fair Use Policy which is published here << https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/sell/wba/SFAA-Wholesale-Broadband-Agreement-FairUsePolicy-nbn-Ethernet-Product-Module.pdf>>
- UplinkMe customers must not attempt to bypass speed or data limitations as described in their chosen plan.
- UplinkMe reserves the right to limit or terminate services if the network activities performed impact the integrity or quality of our network, or networks owned or utilised by our wholesale partners.
- Please be fair to our staff, they are here to help you! UplinkMe customers must not abuse, bully or threaten UplinkMe staff. UplinkMe reserves the right to terminate your services if this occurs.
- If you become aware of any activities that may breach this policy, please contact us immediately on 1300 510 610.
Breaching this policy
If UplinkMe believes you may have breached this policy we will investigate the matter and may attempt to contact you to discuss our concerns. Ongoing failure to adhere to this policy may result in your service being suspended without notice or terminated.
If UplinkMe finds evidence that you have broken Australian law then this will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities.
Financial Hardship Policy
Financial Hardship Process
At UplinkMe we understand that everyone can face financial hardship through various circumstances often beyond their control. We also understand that internet access is important and we are committed to assisting our customers when they face financial challenges.
If you are having problems paying your bills please let us know as soon as possible so we can work together on a solution. We can help you review your ongoing spending with UplinkMe and can offer payment plans in some situations.
If you are experiencing financial hardship you should contact us, either by calling us on 1300 510 610 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in mind we may require some information from you to assess your situation and determine if you are eligible for a payment plan or another solutions. In some cases we may need to see evidence of your hardship, usually these are financial statements or a statutory declaration from somebody who is familiar with your financial situation. We may also request evidence that you have sought assistance from a financial counsellor. In some instances gathering this evidence may be difficult but you should still contact us as soon as possible. We will always will try to assist you in any difficult circumstances.
By working with us we can sometimes arrange a payment plan to pay off any outstanding debt. If you adhere to this plan it will ensure your services remain connected and avoid any debt recovery action.
Financial Hardship Process
- Once you contact us we will review your situation and any evidence you have provided and make a determination, there is no charge for this assessment.
- This process will take less than one week unless you we require further evidence from you, we will let you know if this is required.
- We encourage you to seek assistance from a free financial counsellor during this process, see the link below for more information.
- During this review period we will ensure no debt recovery measures are taken.
- No payment plan can start without your agreement so please work with us to confirm amounts to be paid and dates.
- If you dispute the outcome of your hardship review, you have the option to raise a formal complaint using this process <link>
- The ACMA provides info on financial hardship here: https://www.acma.gov.au/help-if-you-cant-pay-your-bill
- Free Financial Hardship Counsellors: http://www.ndh.org.au/Talk-to-a-financial-counsellor/Find-a-financial-counsellor.
- Telecommunications Consumer Protections (TCP) Code C628:2019: https://www.commsalliance.com.au/Documents/all/codes/c628
Schedule of Fees & Charges
|Residential Plan Fees|
|NBN Residential 12/1 – Starter||$59.95||Per Month|
|NBN Residential 25/10 – Solo||$69.95||Per Month|
|NBN Residential 50/20 – Streamer||$79.95||Per Month|
|NBN Residential 100/20 – Speeder||$99.95||Per Month|
|NBN Residential 100/40 – Speeder Plus||$109.95||Per Month|
|NBN Residential – Fixed Wireless 12/1 – Starter Plan||$69.95||Per Month|
|NBN Residential – Fixed Wireless 25/5 – Solo Plan||$79.95||Per Month|
|NBN Residential – Fixed Wireless 25/5 + > 50/5 – Plus||$89.95||Per Month|
|Business Plan Fees|
|NBN Business – 25/10 Plan||$79.95||Per Month|
|NBN Business – 50/20 Plan||$89.95||Per Month|
|NBN Business – 100/20 Plan||$109.95||Per Month|
|NBN Business – 100/40 Plan||$114.95||Per Month|
|NBN Business – Fixed Wireless 25/5||$89.95||Per Month|
|NBN Business – Fixed Wireless 25/5 + > 50/5 Plus||$99.95||Per Month|
|Other UplinkMe Fees & Charges|
|Setup Fee – Residential||$24.95||Once-off|
|Setup Fee – Business||$49.95||Once-off|
|Static IP – Residential||$9.95||Per Month|
|Static IP – Business||$9.95||Per Month|
|Short Notice or Out of Hours Onsite Service Visit||$149.95||Per Hour|
|Incorrect Callout Fee||$99.00||Per Hour|
|Onsite Visit Late Notice Cancellation (4 Hours)||$59.00||Once-off|
|SmartWifi Equipment – Residential (X SFP, 1 AP & install)||$439.95||Starting from|
|SmartWifi Equipment – Business (X SFP, 1 AP & install)||$479.95||Starting form|
|New Development Charge||$305.00||Once-off|
|Incorrect Callout Fee||$165.00||Once-off|
|Missed Appointment Fee||$75.00||Once-off|
|Install additional NBN service at existing address (excluding FTTP & Fixed Wireless)||$305.00||Once-off|
|Wireless Access Point (Indoor) AP-AC-Lite||$169.95|
|Wireless Access Point (Outdoor) AP-AC-M||$169.95|
|Wireless Access Point (Indoor) AP-nanoHD||$339.95|
|EdgeRouter X SFP||$149.95|
|Netgear DM200 Modem||$99.95|
|In Premises Cabling – Residential (standard)||$149.95||Per socket|
|In Premises Cabling – Business – (standard)||$220.00||Per socket|
|Access Point Installation Residential (standard)||$129.95||Per unit|
|Access Point Installation Business (standard)||$164.95||Per unit|
|* Standard Pricing which may increase if there are complexities in your premises, our technicians will let you know any variance from this cost before work commences|
Competitions and Promotions
2020 Feast Festival Promotion
The following terms and conditions apply to all customers who signup and utilise the appropriate discount code during the promotional period. (1st November 2020 – 31st December 2020)
- Promotional offer available from midnight on 1st November 2020 until midnight on 31st December 2020.
- Eligible customers will receive the following:
- A $10 discount on any NBN or SmartWiFi connection fee when completing the signup via the UplinkMe website (http://www.uplinkme.com.au) or by calling our sales team on 1300 510 610.
- A $10 cash donation will be made to Feast Festival (FEAST ADELAIDE LESBIAN & GAY CULTURAL FESTIVAL – ABN 24022952762) from UplinkMe, for each eligible application. To be paid via bank transfer on 4th January 2021 as a lump sum of all donations raised during the promotional period.
- Promotional offer is available to new and existing customers
- Eligibility requirements;
- New customers
- Completed application for an NBN service to be connected with UplinkMe
- Existing customers (must meet at least one of the following)
- Need additional services? Completed application for additional NBN services to be connected at a new location
- Moving house? Relocation order submitted to move your current NBN service to your new address
- Want more from your service? Completed application to upgrade your current NBN service with our SmartWiFi service (only available by calling our sales team on 1300 510 610)
- New customers
- The promo code is valid once per service address; customers connecting services at multiple addresses are eligible to use the code for each separate order
- To secure the benefits of this limited time promotion, the promo code FEAST2020 must be entered in the online application on personal/business details page after plan selection
- This promotion does not apply to applications already received by UplinkMe, and cannot be back-dated.
As always, we are here to help so if you have any feedback, questions, or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.
We would love to hear from you so drop us a line via our email email@example.com or give us a call on 1300 510 610.
2020 Year's Free Internet Competition
The following terms and conditions apply to people who utilise the social media sharing facilities relating to the “Win a year’s free internet” competition during the promotional period. (12:00pm 1st November 2020 – 3:30pm 29th November 2020)
- Any person over the age of 18 residing in Australia is permitted to enter the competition, irrespective of whether they are currently an UplinkMe customer or otherwise
- 12 month’s free internet subject to nbn™ availability at the desired fixed address (excludes nbn™ Satellite/SkyMuster services)
- The grand prize of 1 year’s free internet includes up to the NBN Streamer plan (50/20) from the date the nbn™ service is provisioned for 12 continuous calendar months to the same month and day of the following year
- The UplinkMe nbn™ setup fee is waived for this competition
- The winner is welcome to connect a new nbn™ service or transfer their existing service from another provider
- Any associated fees or charges required to connect nbn™ will be charged to the customer, for example but not limited to:
- New Development Charge
- New Phone Line Installation
- Any Hardware (nbn™ or UplinkMe)
- UplinkMe will not be responsible for any fees or charges passed on by an existing nbn™ provider if the customer has broken their contract terms
- Should the winner of the competition cancel their free service at any time within the 12 months, they automatically forfeit any remaining months of service for free
- By entering this competition the person agrees to the general UplinkMe Terms & Conditions, available at www.uplinkme.com.au/terms
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook
Critical Information Summaries (CIS)
nbn™ Critical Information Summary
A residential broadband service delivered to your premises via NBN infrastructure. All UplinkMe services are supplied pursuant to the UplinkMe Terms and Conditions.
UplinkMe NBN plans are available in Australia where the following NBN service types are available: FTTB, FTTC, FTTN, FTTP and HFC. UplinkMe do no provide NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) services. NBN Fixed Wireless services are available but have separate pricing, see below.
Monthly Plan Costs
You are required to choose an initial plan for your service during signup however you may change this plan free of charge after the service has been activated. To increase your plan during your billing period, you will be required to pay the price difference between the old and new plan prices. When decreasing your plan, it will change at the end of the current billing period and no refund will be provided for the remainder of the current billing month.
Please refer to the Schedule of Fees for further details.
UplinkMe offers two installation options when you sign up, Standard and SmartWiFi
Standard installation means we either send you a pre-configured modem/router, or you Bring Your Own (BYO) modem/router suitable for your NBN service type & approved for use on the NBN network. If you choose this option, setting up the service is your responsibility however our team are available to help if you need assistance over the phone. Please be aware we may not be familiar with your particular equipment and may be limited in the assistance we can provide.
The SmartWiFi installation option includes a custom quote for the installation of commercial grade hardware in your premises. Our team will attend your premises to install and configure your equipment. If you select this option our team will contact you to provide a quote for the installation before we submit your broadband order. SmartWiFi Terms and Conditions can be found here.
New Development Fee
If you request an NBN service be provisioned in new or rebuilt premises, then NBN may charge you a $300 inc. GST New Development Fee to install the required NBN infrastructure. UplinkMe will check if this fee applies to you and will always inform you of this cost prior to arranging your installation.
UplinkMe NBN Plans are billed month to month with no contract required.
For a Standard Installation you will require a modem/router that is suitable for your NBN service type & approved for use on the NBN network. Be aware that Fibre to the Node and Fibre to the Basement service types require a router with VDSL modem capabilities. If you are unsure if your modem/router is suitable for your service type please check with our staff. UplinkMe can supply you a modem/router for $109.95 which includes the delivery fee.
If you select the SmartWiFi installation option, we will contact you to discuss your specific requirements and provide a quote on the installation. If a device is lost or damaged, you should notify UplinkMe immediately to assess the situation and provide a resolution. The replacement cost for the router is $200, the replacement cost for the Wireless Access Point is $352.
Any devices you connect to the hardware provided by UplinkMe are your responsibility to configure and maintain and are not supported by UplinkMe.
All UplinkMe plans have unlimited usage however our Acceptable Use policy applies.
Please be aware that some FTTN, FTTC and FTTB, Fixed Wireless and HFC services may not be able to achieve their typical plan speeds. If this occurs UplinkMe recommends lowering your chosen plan speed.
The $24.95 NBN Setup Fee and the first month’s plan fee are required to be paid at the completion of your application. Ongoing monthly plan fees are invoiced 14 Days prior to the start of the next billing period with payment terms of 14 days. Invoices are emailed to your nominated email address and are available in your customer portal. Payment can be made via credit card or BPay.
Important Phone Information
If you are having a FTTN or FTTB service type connected for the first time your phone line will be disconnected when your NBN service is installed. If you wish to retain your current phone number, you will need to transfer it to a Voice over IP phone service prior to your installation date. For other service types your phone line will be disconnected 18 months after NBN services become available in your area, or on the Copper Disconnection date as advised by NBN, whichever comes first.
Account Suspension and Cancellation
Your account may be suspended or cancelled if you fail to pay your invoices before the due date, or if you breach the Terms and Conditions of your agreement with UplinkMe.
Cancelling Your Service
You need to provide UplinkMe 7 days advance notice to cancel your service prior to your next billing period to avoid being billed for a further month. No refund will be provided for the unused portion of any invoiced month.
No cancellation fees apply for UplinkMe services.
Our friendly customer service team are available via phone on 1300 510 610, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with technical or billing enquiries. Please note that UplinkMe does not provide technical support or advice for third party devices or internal cabling connected to UplinkMe supplied equipment.
All UplinkMe customers have the right to raise a formal complaint if they are unhappy with their service or our processes. For more information on the UplinkMe Complaint Process, or to lodge a complaint please see our complaint process here.
Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can contact the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman for mediation on 1800 046 686 or by visiting http://www.tio.com.au
The Australian Government provides general information about Broadband services here. <www.commsalliance.com.au/BEP>
SmartWiFi Terms & Conditions
SmartWiFi is an enhanced installation option provided by UplinkMe which installs commercial grade network and WiFi equipment in your premises. Each installation is customised to your specific situation. Once installed, UplinkMe has the ability to monitor your provided hardware and proactively investigate any faults that may occur. SmartWiFi does NOT give UplinkMe the ability to view your internet content – live or historical.
A typical SmartWiFi installation includes the following:
- In Premises cable check: We assess cabling from your network boundary point to your router to ensure you get maximum internet speeds. We will advise you if this cabling requires replacement and provide a quote to replace the cabling.
- A Robust Router: We install a commercial grade router which can be remotely monitored for internet connectivity. This helps UplinkMe ensure you have a reliable service.
- Commercial Grade Wireless Access Point(s): These discreet units can deliver reliable WiFi wherever it is needed on your property. Most typical sized homes require one access point to be installed however if you have a large, multi-storied or solid brick premise additional wireless access points may be required.
Once you request a SmartWiFi assessment we will discuss your needs in more detail and provide you a quote for the installation.
- SmartWiFi installations can be paid for by credit card and payment must be received by UplinkMe prior to the installation date.
Monitoring and Maintaining Your Connection
- UplinkMe has the ability to monitor your SmartWiFi service and attempt to remotely rectify any problems. Be aware that if the problem is a fault with your internet connection itself then we will work with our wholesale partner to resolve the fault.
- We do not monitor your internet content – SmartWiFi does not have the ability to monitor your internet content. We only monitor tangible throughput and hardware parameters and performance to determine service continuity
- If on-site attendance is required to resolve an issue caused by UplinkMe equipment or configuration there will be no cost. These visits will occur within 1 (one) business day for business customers and 3 (three) business days for residential customers. If you require a visit sooner or outside of business hours for any customer type (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) then an urgent attendance fee of $149.95 including GST will apply.
Installation and Service Calls
- You are required to have an authorised and responsible person over the age of 18 during any installation or site visit who can approve any charges or work to be completed by UplinkMe or contractors.
- All technicians are Licensed Data Installers with Open Registration and will ensure all work complies with national standards.
- For the safety of our technicians you may be asked to temporarily turn off power in your premises during part of the installation.
- Residential customers should point out any known safety concerns relating to the site and cooperate with the technician if any safety issues are raised.
- Businesses must provide a safe working environment and ensure that UplinkMe staff and contractors are aware of any safety requirements relating to the site. UplinkMe representatives will adhere to any safety documentation or guidelines clients present prior to the site visit.
- A safety inspection will be conducted by the technician prior to the commencement of the installation
- If during the installation you decide to make changes to the installation or if you request extra work then any changes to the installation fee will be provided to you by the technician and payment will be required the same day.
- If UplinkMe or our contractor(s) attend site for a warranty issue and discovers the issue is caused by a 3rd party and is outside our control, we will charge $99 including GST per hour, for investigation and attempt to resolve the issue (if possible).
- If UplinkMe or our contractor(s) attend site for a warranty issue, and discovers any equipment, software, applications or devices are being misused, or instructions have not been followed correctly, or software or device settings have been changed, we will charge $99 per hour, to resolve any issue(s), to bring the network back to it’s original working state.
- All labour includes a 90 day warranty period for issues or omissions caused by UplinkMe or our contractor(s).
- All parts and equipment purchased through UplinkMe includes a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty period unless you purchase the optional 3 or 5 year extended manufacturer warranty.
- UplinkMe recommends using surge protectors to protect any UplinkMe supplied equipment. UplinkMe can provide these upon request for an additional fee.
- Warranty does not include any technical issues caused by 3rd parties such as your contractor(s), faulty software, faulty hardware, or faulty wiring, etc.
- If UplinkMe or our contractor(s) provide any phone or onsite support for a warranty issue and discovers the issue is caused by cables that have been unplugged or re-configuration of any equipment we will charge $99 per hour for all support.
- UplinkMe does not record or store any customer security information such as usernames or passwords. Securing such information is the sole responsibility of each customer.
- UplinkMe or our contractor(s) do not provide any warranty or compensation for loss of data. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the safety of your data, we make no warranties or guarantees, either expressly or implied, that your data will not be lost or damaged during equipment repair or hardware upgrade.
- UplinkMe or our contractor(s) will not be liable for any issues caused by faults due to third party firmware or software updates. This includes any updates to software or mobile devices.
- UplinkMe or our contractor(s) will not be liable for any data loss caused by faulty hardware, faulty software, faulty backups, or lack of system maintenance, or external factors such as fire, theft, water damage, vandalism etc.
- If the internet is crucial to your business, we recommend you aquire a backup / redundant internet service in case the primary internet service is impacted by a fault.
- Please note that maintaining and keeping your systems secure is the sole responsibility of the customer. UplinkMe or our contractor(s) will not be liable for any virus infection, security breach (ie: being hacked), identity theft, ransomware infection or internet/phone scams or similar.
- Please note that anti-virus software may not provide 100% reliable protection against the latest computer virus infection.
Third Party Contractors
- When required by customers, we may recommend reputable contractors such as electricians, audio visual companies, IT technicians, and other contractors to help assist or complete a job. UplinkMe is not liable for any disputes that arise between contractor(s) and the customer. This can include disputes over job costings/quotes, property damage, or incorrectly installed equipment.
- The management, and charges, of any third party contractor required for additional works, are the full responsibility of the customer.
- UplinkMe is not liable for any costs associated with work performed by 3rd party contractor(s), and the billing relationship is entirely between the customer and the 3rd party contractor(s).
- If you give us less than 24 hours’ notice to cancel an onsite visit we may charge you a cancellation fee of $99 as we incur expenses and lose the ability to service other customers.
- Once you cancel your SmartWiFi service any hardware you purchased remains your property however we will factory reset all settings. Keep in mind once this has been done, UplinkMe will no longer be able to support this hardware. You may need to install your own management hardware/software to continue to use and/or make changes to the hardware and network. We recommend engaging an IT specialist to manage this equipment as it is Enterprise Grade hardware and not designed for use by untrained users. Alternatively, UplinkMe can manage your SmartWiFi network without an attached UplinkMe NBN service for a very competitive monthly fee.